Foods have been known to either help or hinder the appearance of your smile.
While none of these suggestions listed below will work in the same way as a professional whitening service, they can produce visible results.
At Larry Saylor’s Cosmetic Dental Practice in Brandon, Florida, we can help you achieve a whiter brighter smile with our advanced teeth whitening systems, either within the comfort of your own home, or in under an hour at our practice.
5 Foods to avoid…
- Black coffee or black tea: adding milk can reduce the amount of staining that will occur
- Red and white wine: both will stain your teeth, but unlike red wine white wine acidic composition will actually etch grooves in your teeth. What this means is that your teeth become more porous and stain more easily.
- Soft drink and sports drinks: because they are highly acidic they enable other foods to stain your teeth.
- Berries: although berries are good for your overall health they will stain your teeth. So if you are enthusiastic about berries make sure to rinse your mouth with water.
- Lollies: this should not come as a surprise, if something can turn your tongue a different colour than imagine what it can do to your teeth.
5 foods that help whiten…
- Apples: increase saliva production which flushes away stains over time.
- Pineapple: this acts as a natural stain remover.
- Ginger: this acts as an anti-inflammatory to support healthy mouth tissue.
- Onions: onions help reduce bacteria that cause tooth decay.
- Carrots: carrots contain vitamin A; this is needed for healthy tooth enamel.
Providing superior whitening results with Kor and ZOOM! Teeth whitening systems…
Here at Larry Saylor’s dental practice in Tampa, Florida, we have multiple tooth whitening options to choose from, and with each option providing superior results, we can help you reclaim your most beautiful, white smile.
KoR Whitening in chair whitening system
This system is unique in that it offers a more beautiful, whiter smile with little to no sensitivity! Discover the kind of results you can achieve with our Kor whitening treatment by booking an appointment at our Brandon practice.
ZOOM! Tooth Whitening…in-chair or at-home
Dr. Larry Saylor also offers the ZOOM! Tooth Whitening system which is available in-chair or at home, depending on your unique needs.
In chair process:
The one hour procedure begins with a short preparation to cover the lips and gums, leaving the teeth exposed. Our dental hygienist will then apply the Zoom hydrogen peroxide whitening gel, which works together with the Zoom light to penetrate the teeth and break up the stains and discoloration. The gel remains in place for 15 minutes while the light is activated. During this time, you can relax, watch TV or listen to music. The gel is applied for three 15-minute sessions of light activation, for a total treatment time of 45 minutes. Immediately afterwards, a fluoride paste-gel is applied to the teeth to help reduce any sensitivity you may experience.
At home process:
For at-home treatment we will supply you with a whitening kit which will include a custom bleaching tray, the bleaching agent and strict instructions so you can take control of your whitening. An impression of your teeth is taken and a customized tray is made to fit your mouth, perfectly and comfortably. With these trays, you’ll be given syringes to take home that contain the bleaching gel. This gel is prescription strength formulation that will help whiten your smile every day.
Experience a beautiful new smile with the help of our tooth whitening treatment performed by Dr. Larry Saylor by contacting us at our Brandon cosmetic dental practice near Tampa.